LooseHead in partnership with the Mental Health Foundation have produced a free workshop on the Introduction to Mental Health. In this free resource they aim to provide a greater understanding of mental health, as well as an overview of how to stop commons signs of mental health disorders in others.
AIMS OF THIS RESOURCE
- Provide each ‘LooseHead’ with an evidence-based toolkit that demonstrates how to maximise mental wellbeing;
- Introduce the concept that positive mental health isn’t just the absence of mental ill-health and everybody exists across a spectrum;
- Provide an overview of the signs for common mental health disorders;
- Provide insights into how the stigma and discrimination around mental health & wellbeing can be reduced within a sports environment;
- How to identify a mental health crisis, and how to advise someone going through one;
- Highlight specific tools that boost the mental health of children & young people.
Register and start the workshop by going to: https://looseheadz.learnworlds.com/course/looseheadz
SUPPORT AT ANNAN RUGBY
Also here at Annan Rugby our mental health and wellbeing coordinator is Laura Mackay, if you need any more information or just a chat, you can contact Laura on:
Mobile: 07808660753 / Email: LauraMac@AnnanRFC.com
FURTHER HELP AND SUPPORT
If you are experiencing a Mental Health problem help and support is always available.
There are different helplines and listening services available that can provide emotional support.
- The Samaritans (24 hours a day) – 116 123
- CALM (5pm – midnight) – 0800 58 58 58
- Shout (24 hours a day) – text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258
- Childline (24 hours) 0800 1111
- Papyrus (9am – 10pm weekdays and 2pm – 10pm weekend & bank holidays) – 0800 068 4141
If you are looking for support and advice;
- Mind – 0300 123 3393
- Rethink Mental Illness – 0300 5000 927
- YoungMinds Parents Helpline – 0808 802 5544
- Hub of hope (find local services).
- NHS: Find Mental Health Services.
If you are looking for self-help;