MEN‘S MENTAL HEALTH MONTH AND INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY
19TH NOVEMBER 2022
MEN’S MENTAL HEALTH MONTH AND INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY
A message from Laura MacKay
As you may be aware, a number of our senior Squad are doing this years Movember, an annual event to raise awareness of men’s mental health issues.
Thanks to all who have supported and donated so far and to others who would like to the link to donate is tiny.one/Movember
International Men’s Day falls on the 19th November, and is dedicated to focussing on a wider range of men’s health issues.
Unfortunately men tend to be more reluctant to seek help or treatment for their mental health struggles and talking about your problems is not really accepted (it’s not a guy thing)
Life can be hard at times with lots of problems we all have to deal with, sometimes if you find it hard to talk to family or friends there are so many organization out there offering help and support, it’s just knowing thats its ok not to be ok and just making the first step or to have a conversation about it, is all it takes to get the help or advice you need.
All the information of the different groups you can talk to are on our website (see below) and also our new group we have joined SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) Link also below.
Can I also add please as a club to be reminded that to think sometimes before we speak as what some regard as “Banter” is not taken as such and this is at training, game day, and on social media for all groups.
Please be respectful to all at Annan Rugby Club regardless of what role you play and we are all supposed to work together for the good for all.
After all we are Annan Rugby #OneClub
Laura – Mental Health Co-Ordinator at Annan Rugby
Links about SAMH
If you are experiencing a Mental Health problem help and support is always available.
There are different helplines and listening services available that can provide emotional support.
- The Samaritans(24 hours a day) – 116 123
- CALM (5pm – midnight) – 0800 58 58 58
- Shout (24 hours a day) – text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258
- Papyrus (9am – 10pm weekdays and 2pm – 10pm weekend & bank holidays) – 0800 068 4141
If you are looking for support and advice;
- Mind – 0300 123 3393
- Rethink Mental Illness – 0300 5000 927
- YoungMinds Parents Helpline – 0808 802 5544
- Hub of hope (find local services).
- NHS: Find Mental Health Services.
If you are looking for self-help:
- On Saturday 2nd March, we are looking for volunteers to …Read More »
- Walking Rugby, Training for various squads, Quiz Night and 6 …Read More »
- Over the past few months our young ambassador Rhianna and …Read More »
- Walking Rugby, Training for various squads and 7 squads in …Read More »