MATCH REPORT FROM COACH BILLY HENDERSON
Our U14 Girls travelled to Carrick on Sunday for 3 games of 20 minutes
After our 2nd training session on Wednesday with 21 U14 Girls in attendance, 9 travelled to Carrick with 1 taking ill on the way there. So 8 Girls rolled up to sunny Carrick ground in Girvan
The final score was 29 tries to 12 tries with most girls scoring tries – with a few from training ground moves.
My notes on the first 20 minutes:
- Emily – ball through the hands fo Emily to score;
- Shaenah – winning ball at rucks and breakdowns;
- Adya – sharp onto the ball and ran length for a score;
- Zara – looking after her wing well;
- Anna – set moves score – looks easy;
- Louisa – strong run from the start to score;
- Alysha – good support again in for a score;
- Megan – takes some stopping – power.
But also noted that:
- Not enough energy;
- Half throttle;
- Not putting themselves down in a tackle;
New team manager Terri Graham noted for the 2nd 20 mins, that there was great support and communications and listened to the ref and rules throughout. Less waiting on them to came to you and less shirt swinging.
Overall the girls worked well together and saw where the Carrick stronger girls were and played accordingly. The girls were penalised by the ref a few times correctly and occasionally wrongly but things worked out themselves in the end.
The 3 new girls Zara Newton, Emily Harrison and Adya Nelson acquitted themselves all and didn’t look out of place.
Us coaches have a great belief in this team and today I would class the performance at 60%, which means there is big potential to improve.
Train hard – play easy will be our motto for this year.
See you all at training on Wednesday.