P1-P5 MATCH REPORTS FROM: To Be Added
P6/7 MATCH REPORT FROM Coach Paul O’Donnell
Our Mighty Tigers made the trip to Biggar on Sunday for a morning of Rugby against the host’s Biggar and local visitors Cumnock. Despite the ongoing issues of COVID call offs Annan rocked up with 11 keen and eager players ready to do business.
The Tigers played a total of 3 games over the course of the morning and put on some highly entertaining rugby. All 3 games were competitive, fast paced and full of tries, tries and more tries!
It’s customary to give a shout out to our top performing players but everyone played their socks off……………so………….they all get a mention.
- Ayda led by example as always, made a number of great runs and played a key role in organising our defensive line.
- Honeys attacking prowess has come on leaps and bounds over the past few games and she looks unstoppable with the ball in hand. Her efforts were rewarded with one of the tries of the day!
- Mason never ceases to amaze his teammates, coaches and opposition. The sheer volume of tackles he makes is breath-taking and to top it all off he scored a couple of amazing tries.
- Max played his best game of the season so far. His work rate on and off the ball was excellent making a number of blistering runs through the middle of the oppositions defence.
- Olly’s defensive game was on point today; making tackle after tackle and always with a smile on his face – just as it should be!
- Rocky had an excellent all round game and caused the opposition some real issues with the side step he seems to have recently developed. His support play and work at the breakdown was also very impressive.
- Sophie is a try machine!! Her eagerness to get her hands on the ball along with her determination and aggression with ball in hand resulted in a bunch of well worked tries (lost count how many she scored!).
- Archie was on top form today both in attack and defence. The image of 5 or 6 defenders being dragged along the pitch whilst Archie drives his way to the line was a regular one, so it’s no surprise he was on the score sheet more than once.
- Sian as always was like a Duracell Bunny! The girl literally never stops; she tackles, she runs, she rucks, she organises the defence and then she does it all over again. Never takes a backwards step and is absolutely fearless in her approach.
- Zara played a stormer today and looked deadly in attack. She showed great strength and power with ball in hand but also flashed her silky handling skills when offloading the ball in the tackle and setting up some very well worked tries.
- Laurie has a combination that is a nightmare for defences- power AND speed, hard to stop but even harder to catch. Her pace and footwork when she has the ball results in only one thing – TRIES. A Tigers game isn’t a Tigers game without at least 1 try from Laurie.
It’s great to see the progress our young Tigers are making and it’s a pleasure to watch their skills develop and their confidence grow. A big thank you to all the parents and guardians for making the trip to Biggar and for your support on the side lines. Looking forward to our next game!!
The mighty P6-P7 Tigers
Next Training Session: Sunday 6th February, 10:30 – 11:45, at Violetbank
Coaches: Paul O’Donnell, Callum Smith
Team Manager: Heather Tinning